The role: To brilliantly manage the creative team, creative resource and creative output at one of the fastest-growing social agencies in London. Working closely with the Creative Directors, Business Director and Senior Account Management, and across a broad range of brand and broadcast clients (such as Channel 4, B&Q and Jamie Oliver), you will be responsible for shepherding content from brief to delivery, and shepherding creatives from project to project - and through their blossoming careers. We’re basically looking for a shepherd. (ideally one with exemplary creative-management credentials in the social media sector)
Additionally, the role will require content strategy/social strategy and, at times, an ability to present creative work to clients and potential clients. But the main focus will be bringing structure and calm to our expanding team of creative wunderkinds.
- The day-to-day management of nine (at the time of writing) ‘core creatives’ who will all report into you: agreeing role profiles, setting objectives and reviewing performance
- Visibility across all creative projects, including work being done by the Design and Video teams, both of which have their own managers
- Ensuring creative output is fit for purpose and platform
- A constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing
- Resource management based on input from weekly meetings with Creative Directors, New Business, Senior Account Management and the Design & Video teams
- Content strategy / social strategy as required for new business pitches and existing clients
- Staying up to date on exciting new social and content strategic thinking and applying these for current and prospective clients
- Monitor creative team hours against budgets
- Managing internal and external stakeholders to overcome any issues or obstacles
- Evaluate best team makeup for projects based on the creative demands and individual capacity
- Organise and run weekly Team Creative meetings and brainstorms
- Manage, and source, all creative freelancers (we have a pool of regular freelancers who provide out of hours community management)
- Maintain and build strong relationships with platforms, particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, to ensure we’re able to continue to deliver world-class platform-specificity (and get invited for free breakfasts)
The ideal candidate:
As should be clear from the above, we’re looking for a brilliant manager/leader who will inspire and organise an outstanding team of creative individuals. A passion for social media isn’t a bonus, it’s absolutely essential, as is an exceptional understanding of social platforms and social content.
Growing at a slightly terrifying speed, life at That Lot is both exciting and hectic, so an ability to maintain a zen-like calm at even the most lively of times is important.
You’ve probably worked as creative manager or traffic manager or resources manager at a creative agency or social agency. You’ve definitely managed a team of creative people and love doing that. And you’ve hopefully been responsible for some impressive social strategy or content strategy that you’ll be happy to tell us about.
If this sounds like you, and you’re able to start in the next 48 hours*, please apply immediately. Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Due to a large number of applications, we may not be able to get back to every applicant. If you haven't heard from us within two weeks of applying, please assume your application will not be taken forward.