It’s perhaps fitting that our office is nestled in between Hatton Garden’s jewellers’ - we’re looking for someone sparkling, hardy, and that we’d hate to lose down the toilet. Or lose full-stop really.
We need an Account Director to join our ever-growing (we’ve more than tripled in 18 months), super-talented team, housed in a wondrously creative environment in Farringdon. We’re surrounded by trendy coffee shops, and within a burrito’s length of Leather Lane and its daily food market.
But enough about us, what about you? You’ll already work as an Account Director or will be a solid Senior Account Manager, looking to step up into an AD role. Ideally you will already have extensive agency experience with a good grasp of digital and social media, gained both in a personal and professional capacity.
Your role would be broad and varied, but with a focus on managing a lovely bunch of accomplished Account Managers and Execs, as well as driving forward our work on well-known brands. You’ll need to be an excellent, dynamic project manager, with a creative eye, able to build client trust quickly, and with a proven track record in managing projects within budget and on time. Most importantly, you’ll be able to retain a good sense of humour and keep calm under pressure. We don’t want much, do we?
You’ll report into the Group Account Director, and will work in a tight-knit team as the main client contact on some of our biggest, most important clients. (Though we don’t have favourites).
Overview of your role:
You will primarily be responsible for the management of relationships with clients. As a senior point of contact, you will help co-ordinate the resources needed to service projects, build strategic operational plans, and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of challenging, industry-defining creative work.
You will be expected to help plan campaigns and develop accounts - whether creatively, strategically or financially, whilst managing and mentoring a team of skilled Account Managers to ensure we’re maintaining an impeccable level of client service.
You will take the lead in clients’ advertising and social strategies, and work with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis. You should be the person they want to pick up the phone to.
You will work with other senior managers on developing business, generating new accounts and ensuring that clients keep coming back for more.
You’ll help police project P&Ls to help ensure agency margins are being protected and our work remains profitable. It’s not the sexy part of the job, but we do have to pay the bills.
You’ll work closely with That Lot’s Commercial Director and senior managers to generate new accounts, agree deliverables, and manage the ‘onboarding’ process.
· A solid understanding of social media, the intricacies of the different platforms, and experience in devising/executing social strategies
· Significant experience in professional client relationship management
· 8+ years’ experience, ideally gained in creative, design or media agencies
· Ability to handle multiple projects at once and able to prioritise a large workload
· Ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
· An ability to negotiate conflicting deadlines and requirements diplomatically, to deliver work on time and on budget
· To be organized, tenacious, dedicated and able to work under pressure
· To be self-starter and able to take initiative. If you see something that needs doing, you won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, even if the task isn’t on your job spec
· To be a confident written and oral communicator (an ability to present creative ideas and strategies is a must)
· Be a passionate, clear, honest and brave brand owner, not afraid to challenge the client’s views when appropriate/necessary
· Effective team management abilities, with a particular focus on managing the account team to ensure efficient delivery of the projects with clear roles and responsibilities throughout
· Exceptional attention to creative, but also financial details
· A good awareness of the creative process, including digital and social platforms and innovations
· A good sense of humour
· Being able to demonstrate a clear passion for social media
· Have experience in conducting social media analysis and consumer research.
· Experience in paid social marketing campaigns.
If you tick all the boxes and would like to apply, please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 17th.
Please note that we receive a lot of applications, so if you don't hear from us within 2 weeks of the job closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.